Persons who desire to participate fully in the mission and ministry of Central United Methodist Church are invited to become members of the church. You may become a member by:
- Profession of Faith - for those who desire to profess their Christian faith for the first time, or after a long absence from any church involvement. Contact Rev. Michelle Chappell if you are new to the practice of the faith, or have been away from the church.
- Profession of Faith with baptism - same as above with the sacrament of baptism for those who have never been baptized.
- Transfer from another denomination - for those who have a current church membership in a denomination other that the United Methodist church.
- Transfer from another United Methodist Church - for those who currently have their membership in another United Methodist congregation.
How To Become A Member
"The New Members" class is an opportunity to learn about what we believe, the sacraments, the history of the Methodist Church, CUMC, and a Spiritual Life. You will become acquainted with Central United Methodist Church, other newcomers as well as our Rev. Michelle Chappell and other church members. If you would like more information about the church or are considering making this your church home, this would be a great place to start. The New Members class lasts for three (3) Sundays from (9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m). The next class is being scheduled and more information will be provided shortly.
Child care will be available for children.
The Welcoming Service is where new members are received into church membership. This service is held during the regular Worship Service at 11:00 a.m. in the Church Sanctuary. For details contact: Rev. Michelle Chappell at (704) 536-9157.
Contact the persons listed below:
- Minister of Parish Life coordinates membership
- Membership Secretary
- Chair of Evangelism Ministry Team